1. Chocolate & Strawberry Protein Crepes
You can’t go wrong with a classic crepe, but @becs_fitbites has given the Pancake Day staple a 21st century update by adding silken tofu, oats, plant-based milk, our Raw Organic Vanilla Protein Powder, a sprinkling of coconut sugar and lots more yummy ingredients to the batter mixture.
Serve with plenty of fresh berries (we recommend strawberries and raspberries for perfect juicy sweetness) and a few squares of your favourite chocolate, which should start to melt beautifully into your crepes. Delicious.
2. Blueberry Protein Pancakes
Blueberry pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup can feel like a real treat, and this high-protein recipe means you can indulge your sweet tooth and get your pancake fix while also getting your protein fix.
Using coconut oil to fry your pancake batter adds a little healthy fat to the recipe, and adding a sprinkle of cinnamon brings an extra warming hit of heat to help start your day in the best possible way.
These pancakes are too good to save just for Pancake Day – make them part of your regular post-workout or weekend breakfast repertoire.
- 125ml plant-based milk (almond or rice work well)
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Vanilla Powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-3 tbsp Garden of Life Organic Coconut Oil
- 1tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (to drizzle)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, except for the blueberries, and stir until well-combined.
- Next, gently fold in most of the blueberries into the batter, leaving a few to one side for decoration.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and brush with around 1 tsp of the coconut oil.
- Pour one-quarter of the pancake batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, before flipping and cooking for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side. Place the cooked pancake on a plate.
- Repeat the process with the remaining 3 pancakes, then drizzle over maple syrup or raw honey and finish with a few extra fresh blueberries.
3. Savoury Protein Pancakes
If you want your pancakes to be the star of the show on Shrove Tuesday, savoury pancakes can make a delicious main course.
Our Unflavoured Raw Organic Protein Powder is perfect for this recipe, as it’ll up the protein content of your pancakes while not affecting their flavour.
This recipe works well on its own for a tasty, filling breakfast, but you can add any savoury toppings or fillings you like to really make this dish your own.
- 175g flour – plain, gluten-free or oat flour will all work well
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Powder (Unflavoured)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500ml milk (if using plant-based, we recommend oat milk or soy milk – almond milk or coconut milk may be a little too sweet for this recipe)
- Handful of finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Optional toppings: wilted spinach leaves, grated cheese, sauteed mushrooms, slices of lean ham or turkey
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, eggs, milk, protein powder and chives until you have a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Grate the cheese if you’re planning to use it or place the spinach or mushrooms on to saute.
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and coat it with a little bit of the oil.
- Drizzle in around a quarter of the pancake batter, and allow to cook for around 2 minutes, before flipping the pancake and cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Slide on to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Once the pancakes are cooked, add your toppings, roll up into crepes and tuck in.
Looking for more protein powder recipe inspiration? Check out these delicious ideas: