Working from home has become a reality for many of us. Whether we are only working remotely, or following a hybrid work-model, staying home makes the temptation to comfort eat and snack all too real… and has thrown our usual food prep routines out of the window.
However, keeping your body nourished is more important than ever to support your immune system, so if you’re going to snack, make sure it’s on the good stuff – homemade, nutritious, filling treats that will keep you nourished and satisfied.
Working from home when you’re used to a buzzing office can take time to get used to, so try to base your snacks around ingredients known for their ability to boost concentration and focus, such as:
- Dark chocolate
- Flax seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
What’s more, taking a short break from your work to mix a few ingredients together or put something nutritious in the oven can be a welcome break too, leaving you with renewed focus when you return to your inbox.
With all of this in mind, here are five delicious, easy, quick snack recipes to keep you fuelled when you’re working from home:
1. Mango guacamole
Trips to the supermarket can be a little bit hit and miss at the moment, so you might have to go without your usual go-to hummus for your mid-afternoon snack. Guacamole is a tasty alternative, packed with good fats from avocado, and it’s seriously easy to make yourself. This slightly unusual recipe also features mango, creating a totally different flavour than what you’re used to, while providing you with a handy way to use up excess fruit to stop it from going to waste.
View this post on Instagram
Guac-on with this deliciously fruity mango guacamole 🥑🥭 ⠀ Easy to make and great as a dip, a side dish, or on toast 🙌 ⠀ ⚖️ Ingredients ⠀ 3 ripe avocados ½ cup ripe mango chunks ¼ cup coriander leaves ¼ cup chopped red onion 1 lime juiced 2 garlic cloves chopped 2 Tablespoons jalapeno chopped 1 teaspoon of sea salt 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds (optional) ⠀ And enjoy 😋 ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ #Gardenoflife #gardenoflifeuk #guacamole🥑 #mangoguacamole #vegansofmanchester #avocadorecipes #avocadolife #avocadolicious #avocadotoasts #avocadotoast🥑 #avocadotoastislife #foodloversofinstagram #foodlovers😍 #guacamolerecipe #veggielover #vegetarianfoodshare #plantbasedrecipes #veganguacamole #avolife #mangoavocadosalsa #mangoavocado #nutritiousanddelicious #veganrecipevideos #vegandips #nachosandguacamole #guacamoleislife #wholesomesnacks #veganofuk #vegansoflondon #easyvegan
- Place all of the ingredients apart from the pumpkin seeds into a food processor and blend until combined
- Pour the guacamole into a bowl, and top with the pumpkin seeds for added crunch
- Serve with crudités or strips of pitta bread for dunking, or spread onto sourdough bread for a nutritious breakfast to get your day working from home off to a great start
2. Rosemary roasted almonds
Nuts are great brain food, as they’re naturally antioxidant and a fantastic source of vitamin E, which is known for its ability to protect the brain from the oxidative stress that can be caused by free radicals. Herbs and spices from your stash of store cupboard ingredients are a brilliant way to liven up nuts such as almonds, with this recipe also a good option for adding an extra bit of something to roasted chickpeas.
- 1 scoop of Garden of Life Keto Organic MCT Powder
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sweetener
- 1tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Mix the almonds with the keto powder, spices and sweetener on a baking tray
- Melt the coconut oil over the top of the almonds and stir to make sure all of the nuts are covered
- Sprinkle over the chopped rosemary and bake for 8 minutes
- Allow to cool before snacking, or sprinkling over salads to add extra texture
3. Quick popcorn chocolate brownies
Chocolate brownies may not sound like the healthiest of afternoon snacks, but this recipe uses mostly clean ingredients, so they’re nowhere near as naughty as they could be. And, of course, with a homemade bake, you know exactly what’s going into your snack, so you can rest assured that it’s only good stuff. If you’re the kind of person who’s never sure whether you’re in the mood for sweet or salty, this recipe with added popcorn is the perfect option to curb all cravings.
View this post on Instagram
If you want that perfect mix of sweet and salty, Poppin' Chocolate Brownies are the one 😋🍫 ⠀ Make your own brownies 🥣: ⠀ 1½ cup organic cane sugar or coconut palm sugar ½ cup Coconut Oil (melted) 3 eggs ¾ cup cacao 1½ cups almond flour 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon of sea salt 2 cups popcorn (Sea Salt Flavor) ⠀ Mix everything together then bake at 180°C (350° Fahrenheit) for 33-35 mins – and dig in 😍 ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ #Gardenoflife #gardenoflifeuk #fitgreenrecipes #brownierecipe #popcornbrownies #foodloversofinstagram #gooeybrownies #chocolatefudgebrownie #simplebaking #bakeoftheday #bakingcommunity #popcornbrownie #easybaking #bakefromscratch #bakeandshare #homemadebrownies #healthybakes #recipevideos #whatsfordessert #ukbaking
4. Watermelon fries with collagen yoghurt dip
Having something on your desk to dunk can see you through a slow afternoon at work, and this fun recipe for watermelon ‘fries’ with a yoghurt dip is a great healthy option, that’s much better for you than crisps and a shop-bought dip. What’s more, the yoghurt dip is made using our Garden of Life Grass Fed Collagen Peptides Powder, which is packed with vitamin C and can help to support the maintenance of your skin, hair and nails – snacks don’t get much better.
- ½ a large watermelon
- Squeeze of lime juice
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 scoop of Garden of Life Grass Fed Collagen Beauty Powder (Cranberry & Pomegranate)
- ½ tsp lime zest⠀
- Slice the watermelon into ‘fries’ shapes and place in a large bowl
- ‘Season’ the fries by squeezing the lime juice over the watermelon and sprinkling the chilli powder and garlic granules on top
- Lightly toss the ingredients together to ensure an even coating
- Next, make the dip by mixing the collagen powder with the lime zest and yoghurt
- Garnish with any leftover zest for a truly Instagrammable WFH snack
5. Keto cookie bites
Working from home doesn’t have to mean that a Keto diet (or any other eating plan) needs to go completely out of the window. There are plenty of easy Keto-friendly snacks that you can quickly rustle up in the middle of your working day, including these Keto chocolate chip cookie bites, which are delicious to snack on to satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you on track.
View this post on Instagram
Keto Cookie Bites 💪🍪💛 ⠀ The perfect snack for a busy day or on the go 🙌 ⠀ Even if you don't follow a ketogenic diet, these easy-to-make cookie bites will fill you up and give you a boost of energy ✨ ⠀ ⚖️ Ingredients ⠀ 2 scoops Garden of Life Keto Meal Powder Chocolate 1 ½ cups almond flour ¼ cup grass fed butter melted ¼ cup melted Coconut Oil 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener ¼ cup no sugar added chocolate chips 1/3 cup chopped cashews 1 teaspoon vanilla Salt or cinnamon for sprinkling on top ⠀ Enjoy 😋 ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ #Gardenoflife #gardenoflifeuk #ketodietrecipes #ketodieting #simpleketo #ketolicious #ketofoodie #ketotreats #ketoideas #ketosnacks #ketocookies #ketocookiedough #ketopower #cookiedoughbites #nobakecookies #nobakecookiedough #easycookierecipe #chocolatecookie #chocolatechipcookie #cookiebites #coconutoilrecipes #nuttycookies #ketodietuk #healthytreat #recipevideos #healthyrecipeshare #healthylivingtips #highproteindiet #lowcarbhighfat #nutritionfirst
- Stir together the almond flour, sweetener and chocolate keto powder in a mixing bowl
- Add the melted butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract to the bowl
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped cashews, bringing the mixture into a cookie dough
- Scoop the dough into balls, using your hands to mould the shape
- Place the cookie bites on a lined baking tray and freeze for 20 minutes before tucking in
For more delicious inspiration to keep you fuelled and nourished amid the current restrictions, check out our store cupboard recipe ideas: